Tuesday, April 13, 2010

An Emotional Detox Diet

Help! I need to detox. Help! I need to lose weight. Help! I just need to get the bad stuff out.

Wait, here's help. Another detox diet. Ever done one of those? Be honest, I know you have. Detox diets are a magic fix, aren't they? If you haven't tried one, you KNOW someone who has and are impressed that they lost __, so many pounds in one week! Wow! All you have to do is give up food, right? Anybody can do that for a week, right?

I've written before about detox diets. How they are supposed to eliminate the "bad stuff" from your body and clean out your system. How they are supposed to improve your energy and give you clarity. How hard the side effects are with headaches, tiredness and irritability. I teach my clients that there is no quick fix. Yet, every day, we are bombarded with new "detox diets" that promise outstanding results and create unrealistic expectations. We see these things every day - in magazines, TV, radio - and we say to ourselves "this cannot be true", but yet something inside of us yearns for it to be true. For it to be so easy - to detox our bodies, to lose weight, to get the bad stuff out.

What about an emotional detox diet?

What about neutralizing our emotional well being? 
What about eliminating the emotional toxins from our minds? 
What about taking out the bad and putting in the good from our head?

Is this possible? 

Detox diets address the "body burden", a cumulative load of toxins that lead to illness and other ailments including hormonal imbalance, impaired immune function, nutritional deficiency and an ineffecient metabolism.

So what about our "emotional" body burden? 

What about the cumulative load of emotional thoughts that lead to illness and other ailments including depression, poor body image, unhappiness with life and frustration with your body? Could we go on an emotional detox diet to address those problems?

I think we could. I think we should. 

How many people out there KNOW what to do to lose weight but aren't doing it?
How many people out there KEEP trying to change their body, but can't?
How many people out there have joined a gym, started working out, started walking, and still can't lose weight?

I'm going to do more studying and research on this topic, but are you interested in exploring this topic more? I am. If you are, let me know and you can come along with me. I'm NOT going to suggest a product, okay? Let's get that out of the way right now. But I want to hear YOUR feedback. If you are reading this and you agree, let me know. If you think it is BS, let me know. I will publish ALL responses -- EXCEPT those that are trying to sell a product or come with a link to a product. I'm not here to sell you a product, I'm here to help you.

Do you need an emotional detox diet? 

1 comment:

  1. I need an emotional detox in a bad way! So I will take the journey with you!! I'm buckled up and ready to roll.

    ReplyDelete