Thursday, September 30, 2010

How do survive the No-Candy Pledge for 31 days

Remember friends, you are NOT alone in this battle. We will be going through this together if you choose to take the pledge. The response I got in e-mails was more than what I saw on fanpage, so I encourage you to comment on the SWTI fanpage under "Discussions". Share your experiences, your fears, with others who may be having the same thoughts.
  • This pledge is not punishment. 
  • This pledge is not impossible to do. 
  • This pledge is not the worse thing in the world. 
Do you want to know how to live healthy in an unhealthy world? This is it. Taking steps that the average American is afraid to. Doing things that others may see as extreme but are healthy for you. Why is this so hard, giving up candy and chocolate for a month? These are the issues I hope to address during these 31 days:
  • Excess sugar and sugar addictions - This is harmful to your body. Your metabolism is affected by excess sugar and your body is NOT able to burn fat efficiently. When it is constantly being fed sugar, it starts showing up AS fat on your body. Your body cannot process it effectively. You may have muscle on your body, but it is covered by a layer of fat. 
  • Physical addiction to candy and chocolate - You've got to have it. You're used to having it. You feel sad when you don't get it. Mad. Angry. Depressed. May not treat the people around you very well. It is a physical feeling that you NEED just a little bit just to get through the day. This is addiction. 
  • Emotional ties to candy and chocolate - Just a little bit won't hurt. It's a special occasion. I did good today, so I can treat myself. It will help my PMS symptoms. It will help me FEEL better. It will take my stress away. 
My plan is to educate you through these 31 days. To help show you that it can be done. To show you how good your body can feel. To show you how you can break free of your addictions and not let them control your life.

So, now, how do you do it? 

Well, first you make the decision. Print out the pledge, check the boxes and sign it. Hang it by your desk or a place you will see it daily. You do NOT have to share this with everybody you know, it's up to you. You can just do it. Believe me, people will have their opinions on it either way.

Then, come up with options for not eating candy. What time of day do you usually eat it? What could you make as a healthy substitution for it? Go to my Facebook fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/startwiththeinside and go to "Notes" section where I post recipes. You will find recipes that you can make. I like to make something healthy like muffins or bars or bread once a week and keep them in ziplocs or container in the refrigerator and then take one a day as I need it. If you are craving something sweet, make one of the sweet recipes. Other things you can do is get grapes and put in sm. ziplocs. Keep them with you when you normally have candy. Chew sugar-free gum. Drink water.

We are dealing with physical and emotional habits. But you CAN do this! It is an emotional frame of mind. Do you believe you can do it?

I am here to help you. Send me your concerns. Share your concerns. Again, this is not punishment, this is finding a way to break free and be truly free. And that's a great thing. Come on, let's go...

No comments:

Post a Comment