Monday, May 17, 2010

Finally a cure for weight loss - It's a Miracle!

My goal this weekend was to go to a great health expo in Atlanta - http://www.aliveexpo.com/
and learn about new products, new health and wellness companies, sharing information. Great location, good crowd participation, Sunday afternoon spent going from booth to booth. The best part was going with my sister Diane and daughter Amelia. But some disappointment, and I guess I should have been prepared for this, but at times I felt like a person going through the County Fair where the weird-looking guy with tattoed body is taunting me "Come here, try this, you'll like it". Ewww. I can handle it, I'm an adult, but I could tell after 5 minutes after being there that Amelia was uncomfortable, and I felt bad about that.

So, here's my report - from a Fitness Professional whose goal is to transform my clients and help them have healthy & productive lives, to save them from obesity one client at a time - yeah, yeah, yeah, get on with the show, we know...

It's a Miracle!

Finally! A cure for weight loss. No more workouts, no more eating right, no more getting your "head" into it. None of that crap. It's about time, dammit.

So, let's start with Miracle #1...
                                              I saw this one while Diane was getting a massage. 
Wow, only $25.00. No pain. Actual fat loss. Amelia had to hold me back as I fumed.

But no worries, it got worse...Miracle #2...



Oh my God, what a happy face on this poor woman. This was at another booth. Guaranteed fat loss. Doesn't she look comfortable? I can almost see the fat coming off her right now.

Here's another one from Miracle #1 from the other side. Notice the green neon sign on the corner of the booth "Magic Skinny Booth". See? It is a miracle, I wasn't foolin' ya. Only now it's "magic".


Then, onto one of my personal favorites...my beautiful sister Diane posed for this one...I especially love the title "Healthy Chocolate".

Ahhh, it's okay now, it's healthy, eat as much as you want. Yum, chocolate. It's a miracle!

Okay, I hope you know I'm being extremely sarcastic in this post. I'm sorry, I'm not usually so blunt. But people, COME ON!!!

The audience is a typical woman, walking around, looking for education, looking for someone who will tell her the truth, looking for help for health conditions, including obesity and all the medical problems it comes with. And don't get me wrong. All of the vendors were not like this. There were some very good ones, including Publix, which had an awesome booth with a lot of great information to give out, including samples.

But what is healthy about this? 

A quick fix that's considered a Miracle?

At a health expo. It must be okay, right?

People please. My poor Amelia endured my rantings and going up to some of the vendors to discuss their "miracles" while she waited patiently for me, trying not to roll her eyes too much or pull my arm to get away. And the worse the product or service, the pushier the "tattoed" guy got with me. Ewww.


I want to STOP obesity and being overweight just as much as the next person.

But - like this?

Using expensive products or procedures that are considered quick fixes but that don't work, they don't last, they don't solve the real problem. They don't make you exercise your beautiful body. They don't make you choose good foods. They don't make you face your life and get your emotions in order. No - the exact opposite - just cover it up. Fix it up for a while before she blows again.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I used to be one of those people. Looking for anything that would help me get out of my misery.

It's not going to work.

There is a miracle. But it's not at a health expo. It's with you.

It's you - moving your body and getting good exercise.
It's you - making good nutrition choices and enjoying food without starving yourself.
It's you - starting from the inside, learning why you resort to foods that aren't good for you, learning why you make excuses, learning how to love your body.

It's not about being skinny or fitting into a certain size.

It's about being healthy. Being healthy and fit:

  • So you can take care of others around you. 
  • So you can challenge your body and experience the joy of pushing yourself to new limits. 
  • So you can enjoy cooking and eating in moderation the things that you enjoy. 

Friend, YOU are the miracle. Don't look any further. You already have it. Now go make it work. If you don't know how, I am here to help you.

sandi@startwiththeinside.com

No comments:

Post a Comment