Monday, May 3, 2010

Muffin Tops and Six-Packs

No, I'm not talking about your next snack. I'm talking about two physical attributes that everyone wants to work on:

-Get rid of my "muffin top" and
-Give me a "six-pack"

First of all, where did the term "muffin top" come from? I don't like it. I don't think it's appealing. When I was overweight and had a tire around my middle, the last thing I wanted to do was to wear a tight shirt. I avoided them. I wore large shirts that I never tucked in. Not these days. It seems like the more overweight a person is, the tighter the clothes get and then here we are, face to face, with "muffin tops". The belly hangs over the belt, creating a rim around the waist that looks like a puffy muffin top.

And "six-pack"? You see them on all the fitness magazines. The cover models all have them proudly displayed with their bikinis on and how they got them just by taking a magic pill, a dangerous over-the-counter fat burning pill. They don't mention they spent  6 hours a day in the gym or that they haven't had a real carb in two months in anticipation of the photoshoot. Yet, everyone wants one. They want the lined ripples outlining a "six-pack" on their flat stomach.

So, how can you get rid of your muffin top and get a six-pack? 

Is it easy?

If you have a muffin top, the problem is not only in your "weight", it is in your bodyfat%. You need to lower your bodyfat %. How do you do this? Through a good weight training program [that you can do at home], effective cardio and proper nutrition. Is it hard? Depends on how bad you want it.

If you don't want to give up a serving a fries five times a week, then yes, it is too hard.
If you don't want to exercise 20-30 minutes a day five times a week, then yes, it is too hard.
If you don't want to give up dessert every night, then yes, it is too hard.

It amazes me that people want an easy ride when it comes to losing weight. Oh no, I can't give up the food that is making me sick, but oh yes, I can complain about my body and how overweight I am. Let me let you in on a little secret:

It is very easy to gain weight and even get overweight. 
It is very hard to lose weight and even get fit. 

Sorry, had to tell you the truth.

Now about six-packs. Everyone wants one, even if they have a muffin top, they still want a six-pack to magically transform when and if they lose weight. Doesn't work like that. Even when you lose weight, your stomach does not just transform and boom - there's your six-pack. A six-pack takes a lot of dedication and hard work. So how do you do it? Through a good weight training program [that you can do at home], effective cardio and proper nutrition. Is it hard? Depends on how bad you want it. [Sound familiar?]

I'd love to show you an easy way to do get rid of your muffin top and get a six-pack. There is no easy way.

-There's not a pill that will give you this.
-There's not an exercise program that will give you this.
-There's not a magic food that will give you this.

It's working out. 
It's eating right. 
It's becoming emotionally strong to deal with your cravings and temptations. 

And that's when you'll see results. Are you ready to get started?

No comments:

Post a Comment