Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The final day of my challenge

I joined a challenge, 30 days ago: http://ultimateblogchallenge.com/
The challenge was to blog 31 times in 31 days in August. I joined it for many reasons:
  • To learn about blogging
  • To meet new people and expand my network
  • To find out what this is all about
And so I did: 
  • I learned this is much more complex than just writing. I tried to write a variety over the last 31 days - product research, emotional eating issues, exercises, general fitness and health - but mostly on what I founded my company on - learning to listen to your instinct, your inside voice. 
  • I met many new people, outside my normal network. I learned how to tweet, even though my son says I am cheating on Facebook. I know just enough to be dangerous now. I am not an expert, but this horse-and-buggy-girl has come a long way in 31 days to understanding the power of blogging and networking.
  • I am still trying to figure out what this is all about. I found out that the most important things to me for my blog is to educate and encourage others. One client may have a question about a product and if I can do the research for that client, yet share it with all my clients [and potential clients], then it is a good service that I can provide. One client may have an issue that they are having a hard time dealing with and I can write about it, showing her that she is not alone, and help other people at the same time. 
It's over, so now what? 

Well, I'm not going to give it up. I am going to continue blogging. I probably won't blog every day or twice a day when I was trying to catch up. I don't want to overwhelm people with information, but I want to keep educating and encouraging others. I don't want to just write about myself either. I want to do what I set out to do:
  • Help others who are struggling to lose weight
  • Educate and expose the truth about weight loss scams and advertising
  • Encourage everyone to live healthy and fit lives
So, now, please tell me. If you have ready any of my blogs for the last 31 days, I need to know:
  • Has it helped you? 
  • Was it information overload? 
  • What would you like to see in my blog? 
I'm going to celebrate that I did it! I entered the challenge and did what I said I could do and learned a lot along the way. So now, I'm going to celebrate, it's my birthday as well, so that worked out well :) Please send me your comments and have a great, healthy day!

Sandi Porter
sandi@startwiththeinside.com

No comments:

Post a Comment