Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Too much junk in the trunk?

Is it just me or have our standards for booty size shrunk in the past few years? Seriously. They say the average clothing size for women is 14 and for men is 44. Two points of contention with me:

• Are you seeing size 14 in marketing and advertising ads?
• Are you seeing size 14 in the general public?
First question, no, unless you order a plus-size catalog. The majority of models are way less than size 14, way less. What does this do to a woman who doesn't fit that category or size? Does it give her unrealistic expectations?

Second question, no, mostly bigger. Seriously. I see a lot of women trying to fit into size 14 clothes that have no business doing so. There's so much more junk in the trunk now!


Why?

And before you write me off as a mean trainer, know that hey, I've been there. I used to be very overweight and have plenty of junk in my trunk. When I made a decision back in 2001 to make a change, I had my husband take photos of me, from - front, back and side. When I saw the photo from back, I flipped out. I was furious with him. I know, he had no chance...but I was furious. I was furious at how big I looked and I was furious with him for letting me walk around like that. It was bad. I still have those photos somewhere, but you'd have to pay me $$ before I would post them.

I had a huge problem with my butt. My standard outfit was jeans [with elastic waist], long shirt and then tied jacket or sweater around waist. Sound familiar anyone?
  • Too much junk in the trunk means you are overweight, dangerously so. 
  • Too much junk in the trunk means you're bodyfat percentage is too high. 
Does this mean you are a bad person?

No, absolutely not.

It's about your health.
It's about taking charge of your body and taking care of it.
It's about being healthy, saying no when you have to [nutrition] and yes when you need to [workouts].

It's about being free and healthy and fit, not skinny, fit. It's about loving your body and being proud of your body. No more junk in the trunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment